Thursday, January 15, 2009

Audie's Cakes

I'm not quite sure what happened to the pictures from my oldest son's first, third, fourth, and sixth birthdays are (I know, I know... bad Mommy), but here is what I do have as far as digital pictures...

Exhibit #1: Audie's second birthday

OK, so not one of my better cakes. He wanted balloons, but I felt that this just wasn't enough cake for the number of people there.Ah, now this is more like it. Audie was a BIG Pooh Bear fan back in the day. Unfortunately, summer heat and cakes with icing don't exactly mix.
Exhibit #2: Spidey says Happy Birthday

You should have seen the invitations that went with this party, but as most little boys do, Audie's favorite super hero adorned his cake. Instead of "dolling" it up with a shell boarder, I opted to extend the webbing down and around the sides of the cake. I did get to play with my nifty new letter spacing tool/press so the words were much neater (my handwriting is horrible).

No comments: