Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chloie's Cakes Continued...

Ok, so my daughter wasn't always so girly...
Exhibit #1: Why a separate cake for baby's first birthday is a good idea

So this was the cake for the adults. It started out as a rocking horse, and with some imagination, became a cow.This was the smaller cake I'd done for her to tear into.... and this is why we like little cakes.... especially when her big brother (2) helps her. I won't show you the carnage that was her cake... it was brutal.

Exhibit #2: Spike!!!

This idea came from the 2002 Wilton yearbook (http://www.wilton.com/idea/Happy-Birthday-Spike) with a little addition of my own. I'd been itching to do this cake for a while.

The cake is actually pound cake as the pan's instructions recommend, as is the block in front.I goofed a little on the spikes. Instead of using candy melts, I used almond bark... not a good idea. I had to freeze the spikes to get them to stand up straight.Funny thing about this is, as we were cutting the cake, I noticed the spikes and toes dissappearing... then discovered my daughter with purple all over her face... hmmm.

1 comment:

Adunakhyr said...

Serendipity, stop please... My pictures are...well, just pictures. Nothin special...

Your works are great. This dino-cake. Magnificent!

Best...