Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do...

This is what happens when you get behind...

This was a Tiki cake I made for my best friend's bridal shower. After a failed attempt at learning hula, I'm glad we dove into the cake. The tikis were baked in steel cans so I didn't waste cake, and they were filled with strawberry cordial innards. even the icing on the outside was white chocolate, but I tinted it for the tiki masks.
This little cutie was for my niece's 5th birthday. Her requests for the cake were:
1. purple polka dots
2. yellow cake with chocolate icing
3. pink flowers
4. princess castle
The only way I could work in polka dots were on a purple dragon. On my 'in-laws' blog, they have a picture of Abbey posing with her dragon. Too cute

Lessons learned: Never, EVER bet behind on a cake blog!!!

No comments: